Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Jane Austen Heroine Week - My Tag Answers


Jane Austen Heroine Week has been going on all this week at Elinor and Emma. There's a fan fiction contest to enter, a fun unscramble game to play and these lovely tag questions to answer!

Eva-Joy kindly asked me to write about my favorite Austen heroines so you can check out my guest post here. Miss Elizabeth Bennet has also written a lovely guest post about what defines an Austen heroine.


My answers to the tag questions: 

What, to you, defines a Jane Austen heroine?
Good sense and a kind heart. These are two things common among all Jane Austen heroines, no matter what their faults or other virtues they all have good common sense and kindness.
Other things that important in an Austen heroine would be sweetness, love of family, faithfulness, patience, purity and faith.

Which Austen heroine is your favorite?
It's a hard choice but Anne Elliot of Persuasion has been my favorite for a long time and she still is.

What is the quality you like best about her?
Hmm...probably her constancy, but there are so many other things I love about her.

Which actress plays your favorite best?
Definitely Amanda Root in Persuasion (1995)! Her gentle yet elegant portrayal is exactly how I imagine Anne when I read the book. I especially love how she seems to blossom into good health as the film progresses.

Who is your favorite secondary heroine, (e.g. Jane Bennet, Jane Fairfax, Mary Crawford)?
Eleanor Tilney of Northanger Abbey! I love her almost more that heroine Catherine Morland. Her good sense, sweetness, a fine mind, a good sense of humor and overall "more real elegance".

Which actress plays your favorite secondary heroine the best?
I quote like the actress Catherine Walker who plays Eleanor in the 2007 adaptation of Northanger Abbey, even though she was a bit older than the 21 years that Eleanor is in the book.

If you could have tea with a Jane Austen heroine or secondary heroine, who would you want to meet and why?
How to choose just one!? Well I'd say Anne Elliot because she's my favorite but to mix it up a bit I'm going to choose Emma Woodhouse because tea with her would be quite lively and interesting and perhaps Mr. Knightley would drop in. :)

Who is your least favorite Jane Austen heroine?
From the maid heroines Elizabeth Bennet of Pride and Prejudice is probably me least favorite, but it's hard to decide because I love them all so much!

Why is she your least favorite?
Mostly Lizzy is my least favorite because her personality is more outgoing and I don't identify with her as much as the other heroines.

What is your favorite Jane Austen heroine quote?
Probably this one from Anne Elliot: "What wild imaginations one forms, where dear self is concerned! How sure to be mistaken!" It's a good reminder for silly old me.



Thanks Eva-Joy for coming up with such interesting questions to answer!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to confess that I'm so in love with your blog! :) I discovered it and I read every single post!
Of course, you have a new follower here :)
I really enjoyed reading your answers!
Hugs from mini world!

Eva-Joy said...

Thanks for doing my tag!

I had fun making up the questions and I think I'll have fun tomorrow answering them.

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...