Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Contestant Sneak Peek - Day One




Are you read for a sneak peek of one of the 60 film contestant who will be participating in the Period Drama Film Tournament?

Here's the first one:


Anne of Green Gables series

Starring: Megan Follows, Colleen Dewhurst, Richard Fransworth, Jonathan Crombie

Synopsis: At the turn of the century on Prince Edward Island, Matthew Cuthbert and his sister Marilla decide to take on an orphan boy as help for their farm. But they get an unexpected jolt when they're mistakenly sent a girl instead: Anne Shirley. Anne's a dreamer with an unusual point of view, far removed from Marilla's pragmatic ways, and it's only on trial that Marilla agrees to keep Anne...if Anne can keep out of trouble. As Anne falls into a series of scrapes, makes a bosom friend, finds several kindred spirits, Matthew and Marilla discover that their lives have become a great deal richer, now that Anne is at Green Gables.

Historical Era: Edwardian Canada, L.M. Montgomery 
Cast List at IMDb 

Film Review: Melody at Regency Delight ~Jane Austen, etc.~ had very kindly posted a review of the series especially for the tournament. Do please check out her marvelous review which includes photos, quotes, music and trailers!    



Don't forget to check out another sneak peek at Elegance of Fashion!

Be on the lookout for four more sneak peeks coming soon!

Very Truly Your's,

3 comments:

Jujube said...

Anne of Green Gables! I love the series! However, I watched the movie when I was really young so I barely remember anything that was in it. But I'm glad it's one of the chosen sixty period dramas! Can't wait to see more.

Mel said...

Oh, I love this movie! I am so glad that it is included in this tournament. I am so excited for it to begin :)

Mel

Melody said...

I'm excited that my review is being used. :) I'm also glad the first two Anne movies will be competing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...